Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Upcoming National Youth Gathering

It’s been three years since the last National Youth Gathering but it seems like only yesterday that my friends and I began our journey down to the great city of New Orleans. Although I attended my fair share of youth events throughout my high school career, the National Youth Gathering will always hold a special place in my heart. Most of the trips I took in high school were about having fun and goofing off with my peers- and granted the youth gathering was no exception- but the youth gathering also had the mission to bring 32,000 Lutherans closer to God. And the crazy thing is, it probably worked for every single person in New Orleans. Going to classes focused around faith, serving alongside other believers, worshiping in the Superdome, and being prayed over by strangers are just a few highlights I remember.
For those of you returning to the National Youth Gathering a second time, I hope you make even more memories than the last and if you’re a youth gathering newbie, enjoy the ride and absorb as much as you can throughout the event-filled week. You may be exhausted physically and mentally when you return back to Charlotte, but I guarantee that your faith and spirituality will be renewed. You will once again be on fire for God and I encourage you to keep the flame burning. As Paul wrote to the Romans “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” Romans 12:11
I encourage those of you who aren’t going to the National Youth Gathering to be in prayer for our high school students and adult leaders headed to New Orleans. You can also stay updated about the group’s activities at http://clcatnyg.blogspot.com/.

Grant Huether, CLC Summer Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment